August 8, 2012 by Benji
I am writing this post from my iPad. It’s the first time i am not first writing a post in a word doc then converting it. The reason I’m doing this is because my laptop crapped out on me ( that’s an industry term). Now that I’m working from the iPad, I have noticed a few things that are surprising Facebook has not rolled out on their mobile app.
Here is my top 5 list of upgrades.
1) tagging people in posts: why can’t I do that from the Mobile platform?
2) tagging pictures after they are uploaded
3) sharing a picture or post
4) the ability to schedule posts: this should be on the regular site as well. The technology is out there… See hootsuite and tweetdeck, just apply it on Facebook!
5) the ability to save a post for later review: with the new timeline, even if I like something it doesn’t mean I will be able to easily find it later on my timeline. I should be able to save a post for later review (think favorites list on twitter)
This being said, I do think that Facebook mobile’s photo saving function trumps anyone else’s. Meaning, if I want to save a photo on someone’s Facebook page, they made that really simple. Whereas the twitter apps have not made it as seamless.
I would love to hear your thoughts on improving Facebook, after all, it’s a public company so they should be listening to us!!!